What is a ganglion cyst
Ganglion cysts that form in the wrist or hand, can disappear using simple home remedies.
The ganglion cysts are also known as synovial and it’s a type of a cyst which contains thick fluid inside.
The most common place where ganglion cysts appear are on hands or wrists, they can be found in small pea shape, although some cysts may reach in larger size.
Prevention of ganglion cyst
• A highly nutritious diet of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts, plus a wide-spectrum of vitamin-mineral supplementation will help reduce its size. Do not overeat, even fruits or vegetables.
• Avoid constipation, it will make it harder to shrink the cysts.
• Maintaining exceptional health, with appropriate exercises and walking outdoors, strengthens the body and helps to solve this problem.
Home remedies for ganglion cysts
Before treating ganglion cyst with natural alternatives or home remedies you should consult your doctor to see if it is actually a ganglion or is it another type of cyst.
Ganglia usually doesn’t require medical treatment, except that cause pain, discomfort, reach a very large in size or you want to remove them for aesthetic reasons.
A doctor may remove the cysts aspirating synovial fluid inside with the needle and syringe or in extreme cases make surgery.
But in addition to medical treatments to remove synovial cysts, there are also natural remedies for ganglion cysts often be effective in many cases.
• The best home remedies to remove a synovial cyst consists of immersing the hand and wrist in warm water with sea salt.
Place a suitable container with a half or one liter of warm water (without burning the skin) and add a tablespoon of sea salt. Keep the hand submerged for 15 to 20 minutes and repeat it for three to four times daily.
• Another natural remedy is to massage the ganglion cyst with cooking oil. Apply a drop of oil on the cyst and massage it gently (with no pressure) to allow the oil to penetrate the skin. These massages must be performed three or four times a day.
• When combined both of the above natural remedies, that to performing them separately. The result may take a few weeks, but between the second and third week, you can see a decrease in the size of the cyst.
• Echinacea: Echinacea increases levels of properdin, which strengthens the immune system and thus helps in shrink of the cyst.
• Licorice is composed of more antibacterial and antivirus features and therefore they are very useful in the natural removal of fluid from the cyst and prevent recurrence.